T·N·M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Tagged

STOKED!
  • Did something totally sweet happen to you? Are you happy?

I’m stoked because my friend who just moved to philly sent me his old iphone (I’ve been without a phone for almost a month) which is great but I’m even more stoked because he also sent me a VHS of this awesome movie Diabolique which I saw last year around halloween and have been thinking about lately. It’s like he lives in my heart.

• Good movie! Is that the old one, or the one from the early 90s with Chaz Palmenteri?

• There’s a remake of Diabolique? With CHAZ?

!!!

• Yeah! I don’t like it as much, but I saw it first when I was like a freshman in high school.

• Friends who can read your mind are the best.

I’m excited because I’m going for coffee with a woman who wants to help me get a job, then heading over to the great hall of the library of congress for a swanky party with the Russian ambassador, the librarian of congress, a famous maestro, free food, and ballerinas!

• I’m getting stuff in the mail that I’m psyched about, but it’s stuff I bought (with discount codes and ebates!)

Also psyched that I’ve been able to dye a few things recently, and I actually drew something in my sketchbook instead of just writing to do lists!

• It’s my 1 year anniversary today. I’m super stoked about being married to my wife.

Also I got a promotion and a ~45% raise today at work, so I mean, shit.

I’m going to go eat some Vietnamese food and drink a beer and let all that awesomeness percolate a little.

• whoa congratulations dick!

• Woo! Congratulations and happy anniversary!

• Those are both fantastic things, Dick! Congratulations on both counts.

• Good job, Dick!

• mostly finished turning my basement into a movie theater over the weekend. ceiling mounted projector, speakers mounted all over the place, 100” homemade screen built from lumber and blackout cloth, curtains, etc. there’s a kegerator down there that is getting a bar built around it next.

i haven’t done much handy stuff on my own, so i’m pretty proud with how well it all came out. i’ll like to sit and stare at the screen without anything playing.

• Yesterday was a long, cold, difficult day of field work… but when I stopped by duder’s house to get some stuff I left there over the weekend THERE WAS A FIRE PIT and we sat around it for a while and looked at the flames and the huge moon and it was generally awesome. I’m stoked for (hopefully) the beginning of fire pit season!

Also a friend of mine who just moved back to town wants to get a place together and she’s totally great so it’ll probably be great. And I should be getting a new phone any day now. stoooked.

• I’m STOKED because all my stuff (well, except for the chair I’m sitting in, which I’m selling to the new tenant, and my suitcases and some cleaning supplies, etc.) is on its way to Iowa! Yay! My dogs are really, really confused though. We shall go walking!

• A good friend of mine grew up in Florida and goes back for Christmas every year. When he comes back, all he talks about are fire pits.

• I am stoked on how cute my baby is.

• Your baby is ridiculously cute.

• Fire pits are so great. A few of us drank a bunch of whiskey on Saturday and I built a roaring beast in their fire pit and then we sat around it and drank whiskey. Pretty great night.

• The_Tourist said: mostly finished turning my basement into a movie theater over the weekend. ceiling mounted projector, speakers mounted all over the place, 100” homemade screen built from lumber and blackout cloth, curtains, etc. there’s a kegerator down there that is getting a bar built around it next.

i haven’t done much handy stuff on my own, so i’m pretty proud with how well it all came out. i’ll like to sit and stare at the screen without anything playing.

That sounds awesome. You’re in Portland, right? Next time we visit K’s bro & his wife, think I’ll catch a flick in your basement.

NP: I can’t believe I just got to say “power o’ pussy” to ANN MAGNUSON’S FACE!!!!! I mean Facebook.

alt text

do you think she likes me?

• OMG!!! She just liked my comment and wrote

LOL! Indeed Jim Fisher! INDEED!

You’re all invited to our wedding

• Hah! Jim, you’re a dag, but I look forward to the big day!

I’m stoked about the world in general. It’s my day off, the sun is shining, I took all the cats to the vet this morning and arranged to take one of them back next week to have his teeth cleaned, and got a pheromone dispenser to try to restore some feline harmony around here. Also I’m about to go into the garden with E and plant some sugar snap peas and yellow (button) squash. I’m hoping they don’t turn into the triffids that the seedlings I bought last year did. The results were delicious (lemon squash) but not the tiny little ones I was expecting!

• Clare- you say triffids. Do you mean like, The Day of the Triffids? Because my step father used to tell me certain vegetables were triffids and that if I ate them I would explode, or something like that.

• Ha! Yes Day of the. I thought they were going to eat ME! These look much more convincing though.

• Here is the thing that Triffids mean to me. Other than the movie.

• oh, excuse me- he used to tell me that certain vegetables were triffid eggs

• I got to feel my nephew kicking for the first time!! He’s basically a kick boxer! I can’t wait to be an aunt!

• Clayton_Peacock said:

That sounds awesome. You’re in Portland, right? Next time we visit K’s bro & his wife, think I’ll catch a flick in your basement.

yup! and cool!

did the bar all in one day yesterday. it just needs some fabric or something to go around the front and some crap to cover the bare basement walls…

poop

bar top is an old 70s countertop with the back-splash converted into the front molding. all the wood is salvaged from pallets, etc. the black square in the background is a bookshelf stuck in the doorway that will be shelves for booze, etc. keg will be some weird deschutes iml (india malt liquor) on friday.

ya’ll are invited to the inaugural pizza party and showing of Airplane! on friday night for my roommies bday.

• That looks awesome! I definitely have to swing by next time I’m in Portland - wasn’t really an option in September as I was only there for 24 hours with my friend. I miss the Deschutes beer, though I haven’t had that particular type, too

• thanks!

i found some brownish green fabric at the thrift store that goes all the way around it and some silly posters for the wall, so now it looks a lot more complete.

now what do i do to keep myself entertained?

• Actually @Biggins, this is what Triffids mean to me

• stoked about:

hot buttered toast

squishy baby

playlist which follows front 242 with man2man

making good progress on tiny old-man cardigan

world’s best husband

• After a year of being in Bristol and not being in contact a lot, one of my best friends of ever will be coming back, and he’ll be back in time to see me speak at a conference for the first time. Stoked, yes.

• Nice, Clare! Didn’t one of those guys in the Triffids go on to be in Grinderman and/or the Bad Seeds?

• As it turns out, yes! Both! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyn_P._Casey But I didn’t know that until just now!

• Congrats!!

• Congratulations!

• jeb is actually short for jebadiah! congrats on both the acceptance and on the awesome name!

• only thing that’d make this better is if they said “thank you for taking a sick day to submit the application, you are the future”

• You are Jebadiah?…my mind is blown. Congratulations!

• yebadiah.

Good going!

• midnight_augury said: yebadiah.

yeahbadiah-doo

• I made the front page lead of Scoop for the first time today. Partly thanks to edits by Marinus and Brad. Also Dad bought me the first season of Homeland and we had lunch and decided that white ducks are hipsters. Good feelings.

• Clayton_Peacock said: only thing that’d make this better is if they said “thank you for taking a sick day to submit the application, you are the future”

I took a sick day to receive the acceptance letter too, coincidentally

• Anne - congrats! That’s awesome!

• CONGRATULATIONS! To both of you!!!

• Can’t see your pic Jeb, but I’m guessing it’s your acceptance into uni! Sweet :-)

good on you Anne. I’ll try and have a read later.

• YES! Success! Congratulations to Jeb and Anne!

• woohoo I have friday night off! should I go do open mic or see toshimaru nakamura??