T·N·M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID
Where to start? I think I just missed everything.
  • A thread where we ask each other where we should start listening to a band we know we should have started listening to a long time ago.

In my case, Cabaret Voltaire - please advise.

• I approve of this thread.

Really can’t help on Cabaret Voltaire, though.

• I don’t know much about this band, but I have read enough of the Internet to know that you should start with 20 jazz/funk hits or whatever—the one where they’re at the white cliffs of Dover on the cover.

• That’s Throbbing Gristle though!

edit: also, not to be harsh, but it’s Beachy Head in Sussex, a well-known beauty/suicide spot about 20 minutes drive from my house.

• foiled again! I have not read enough of the internet to comment on that band.

• I heard something about this band “Little B” are they pretty good

• nickinko said:

edit: also, not to be harsh, but it’s Beachy Head in Sussex, a well-known beauty/suicide spot about 20 minutes drive from my house.

That’s some good detail there, inko.

• pollo said: I heard something about this band “Little B” are they pretty good

My intro to Lil B was BAoH’s mix, “Lil B Vs the Devil”. If it’s still around, we could post it to the TNM mixes.

• ayo nick: mix-up, the voice of america, red mecca and a singles collection

progress at your peril

• Got it! Thanks.

• pollo said: I heard something about this band “Little B” are they pretty good

skip it, but have you heard Black Dice I think you might like them

• I never had much success with cabaret voltaire, Nick if you find something good let me know

• Obligatory Black Dice show photo so much fun

• My what a miserable crowd.

• To be fair, the bloke next to the speaker seems to be enjoying it, albeit in a wolfish and hunched kind of way. Bloke on the floor wins though.