T·N·M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Tagged

Talk about yourself.
  • Hi. I don’t expect anyone to remember me. I never posted much at LPTJ, but I really enjoyed being a (tiny) part of the community. I even met a few of you, which was not awkward at all because everyone was so bloody brilliant. However, I last checked in five years ago, when most of us were confused and young(er) and quixotic and poor and a little too clever for our own good. I’d really like to know what/how everyone is doing now.

• Hello! I don’t remember you from LPTJ but that’s a good waistcoat/violin combination you’ve got there. Er, today I waded in a fountain with a couple of friends and then we ran around the field with no pants, and my friend swam in the fountain while it was going off. Around 5 years ago I was angsty about my life in a way I didn’t have much self-awareness about, or rather awareness of ways to deal with it. These days my angst is more heavily directed at annoying political ideology rather than weird personal problems, though they cross over. And I sometimes write for an online news thingy. It’s an alright life. I’m still confused and quixotic.

What are you doing with yourself, guy?

• I remember you, juno! Perhaps because you are named after a Throwing Muses song. I’m quite old (even older than Jimbo), but I stay young by wrestling dugongs. In the little time that leaves, I train English teachers, teach English speakers and eat as much Korean food as possible. I believe cinema and fashion are much overrated spheres of life and prefer to spend time on ambient soundscapes, West Ham and Magnus Mills books. I have two offspring who boggle my mind on an hourly basis. Eight years ago I nearly died, but now I’m OK! Next!

• AnnetheMan said: Around 5 years ago I was angsty about my life in a way I didn’t have much self-awareness about, or rather awareness of ways to deal with it. These days my angst is more heavily directed at annoying political ideology rather than weird personal problems, though they cross over.

Yep. Me too, except now I angst about my 401k. I think a lot of folks were like that back then, which is why coming here feels a bit like a high school reunion to me. Which online news thingy do you write for?

nickinko said: I remember you, juno! Perhaps because you are named after a Throwing Muses song.

Well, that’s my actual name, but I love the Muses. I think I remember gushing over Kristin Hersh with you? I eat a lot of Korean food too, or just mostly kimchi, because it grows hair on my chest. Tottenham is going to murder West Ham tonight, by the way. Hurray, Spurs!

Who’s next? Don’t be shy.

• good thred. i like thred.

i don’t think i was around five years ago, juno, or maybe i was just lurking, so hey! i’m 21 and british by birth but a new zealander in all other respects. i just finished my bachelor’s degree, and now i’m deciding what’s next. um. i’m in the army reserve, support arsenal (frustratedly) and the knicks (when convenient), i speak japanese, i constantly take part in creative writing workshops, pina coladas, caught in the rain.

• Hey! Look at that — five years ago I was living through the second worst year of my life!

And now I’m livin’ the bessssssssst. (See HTS thread.)

(common sense)

• I started this job, which I never intended on staying at for very long, just over five years ago. Actually, while my material circumstances have changed a little, and I’ve got a dog now, my life isn’t terribly different than it was then. I guess I was hoping for more change, what with Obama and all.

Hi Juno! I don’t remember you from lptj, but I hope you stick around here.

• In the last five years, I’ve found myself increasingly unlikely to self-disclose on internet message boards