T·N·M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Tagged

David Bowie - The Next Day
  • Dame

Is anyone interested? I must say, I really loved/love ‘Where Are We Now?’ and I think the video for that, and cover art above are fantastic/hilarious. The album itself could do with a few more ballads (‘You Feel So Lonely You Could Die’, which is great, is the only other one), but it’s pretty groovy. The tone is kind of like ‘Heroes/Lodger’ era Bowie, but with even beefier riffs and arrangements at times. I like it a lot, and I like the context of it too.

With ‘Love From London’ coming out this month too, it seems my two current favourite albums are by a couple of dudes with a combined age of 127! Yes!

• I actually really like that cover.

• I listened to it once, and it seems promising. Somehow it sounds like a proper Bowie record, which I don’t think I can say about his previous 20-30 years of material. Initially I am pleased by the faster pace of many of the songs (which do remind me of lodger).

• I totally skipped the last couple (Heathen, Hours and what was the other one, Reality), but I thought Earthling was very good. Outside had its moments, too, but wasn’t very solid.

• Ok, I’m saying it’s somewhere between good and very good, and that’s the official Ink line for the time being.

• The first single was eh, the second single was pretty great. The last song on it involves maaaaad Scott Walker style.

I’ll have to check out the rest.

• Stuck on the bus for 2+ hrs last night, listened to it a couple more times on headphones. I really like the sound of the thing, the drums snap and the guitars make funny sounds. I think the songs are quite adventurous and bold too, pretty heavy at times, and his voice sounds great. Skronky sax and hooks agogo also. Favourite songs at the moment are..

• Where Are We Now
    • Stars Are Out Tonight
    • Boss Of Me
    • (You Will) Set The World On Fire
    • The Next Day
    • Dirty Boys
  • Still working through it. I’m sorta coming round to Where Are We Now, though I didn’t think much of it at first, and I love Stars Are Out Tonight. Otherwise Valentine’s Day is neat, and The Next Day reminds me of Watch That Man as an opening track.

• I’m listening to this for a second time! It’s legit! I didn’t like the vid that came out for what time is it now (?) but I like the song with out the vid. A+!

And a day AND ANOTHER DAY!

• I’m feelin’ “Id Rather Be High”. Good jam.

• Boss Of Me!