T·N·M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID
Many thinks to Jim The Beer Guy
  • Gang,

As you might have heard, we recently switched the hosting of this site from my rather antiquated shell account to YojimboMonkey’s deluxe apartment in the cloud. This means the site should be faster, more stable, and cheaper than it was. I want to personally extend my thanks to him for being so ready and available to take on this burden, and express my hopes that it won’t be too heavy. Jim, if there’s anything I can do to help in any way, please let me know. Everyone, it’s been a pleasure to be able to provide this place for you while it was my job to do so.

Z

• Huge thanks to both of you. x

• Just caught up on this whole thing as I spent the month being busy ingesting large quantities of chile, but I’m happy a solution was found- thanks Zach and Jim! If it’s not too late to pitch in for hosting costs I gladly will.

• Thanks, Jim and coldie for your efforts in keeping this place running! And definitely let us know if we can pitch in with the costs, Jim.

• coldforge said: Gang,

As you might have heard, we recently switched the hosting of this site from my rather antiquated shell account to YojimboMonkey’s deluxe apartment in the cloud.

I’ve heard they keep naked pictures of you up in there? Have I heard wrong?

Just kidding. Jim’s a great guy, and I’m glad he’s showing it yet another way.

• Thanks guys. Gonna try to repay the favor by actually posting more (though I might pass out momentarily here). I think I fall into a trap in which I feel obligated to reply to every relevant live thread, which in turn leads to commenting on none of them, but that is to be resisted. Glad TNM abides!

• Many thinks indeed :-)

• so it turns out that my free tier eligibility has expired and this is going to cost me $10-11 per month, which isn’t crippling at all but I’d like to reduce or offset if possible. Don’t worry about it for now; I will give some thought as to the best thing to do and get back to y’all.

• I’d be willing to chip in if necessary!

• (financially, I mean, I don’t know anything about the hosting stuff)

• totally. say the word

• I’ll throw in. Let us know.

• I will give you money.

• Hey guys I’m probably going to be transferring the hosting from the AWS instance over to a new host that will be shared between this site and some of my other sites at some point this weekend. Just FYI in case you see any issues

• By the way, Z, in preparation for this, I just noticed that the DNS for thenewmiddle.net was still pointing to your servers so I redirected it to mine. Let me know if there are any subdomains or MX or other records you still needed. All I’ve got right now are the @ & www records.

• Thanks Jim - Nothing on my side. Take it away.

• Thanks! I made the DNS change yesterday afternoon before I left work. Everything looks good on the new host? No issues to report?

• Looks fine!

• Although, having said that, it’s not loading very well on my phone (iPhone 5s) just a blank page…

• And now it’s back again…