T·N·M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Tagged

thrad where everyone, not just jeb, is drunk
  • Yeah buddy

• Great thread.

• Why Jeb?

Why

• Yeah, sure.

• Aw man, stay tuned for a Davy is durnk thread in about oh 7 hours.

• Can I be drunk in this thread too? I got a person who is super fucking important who may bbe coming back tho the country in awhile. Also I am lsitening tpo Su[perstar by Sonic TYouth, feels good. ILY guys. I wish you’d beem at my party. NOt enough of my lovely people were there, due to adverse circumstances.

• this is thrad fer all durnksz

• I’m not drunk—I’m at work!

• i’m not drunk—i just woke up from being drunk

it was a weird night that ended with an argument about bath salts and me dumping glitter on a strangers head.

• Hi I’m drunk and something else it’s pretty aerosmith we formed a band I played some keyboard and some tomboy rinse i mean tambourine and stuff. I think. That rum that isn’t spiced is better than rum that is spiced. They aare still playing in there but why it’s so liudZ but they are all goood musicians so its ok I GUESS. No really. But man I ran in to this girl I knew years ago and she was cool she used to lead the all girl choir I was in. We had one performance and we sang how soon as now maybe lptj knew that already. L

• that post was awesome I GUESS

• can the stoners participate in this thread?

• I was going to start a new thread for that, uh, later. Or feel free to start one yourself now, and I will join in!

• I want to get drunk and play the tomboy rinse.

• so a bottle of whiskey, a case of whippits, and two strippers is a normal way to spend a sunday, right? sometimes shit gets weird.

• I did some fun drinking this past weekend (though I am very sober at the moment)! Our engagement party was Saturday, so there was white wine in the afternoon. From there, we headed over to our favorite bar — well-removed from downtown where there was a nationally televised college football game going on. I ordered Johnnie Walker Black (neat) and the bartender damn near filled the glass up. I love that place. (And hey, JW Black’s not bad! Very sweet.)

On Sunday we enjoyed some Hungarian plum brandy, which somebody found here in town and brought to us at the party. Killer.

As weekends go, it was pretty aerosmith.

• Local great bar/destroyer of dignity O’Leavers had their annual hayrack ride last night. I’d never gone before, but I did this time. What a hoot. They loaded us on a bus and took us out to to a ranch, we rode on hayracks and passed around many bottles of whiskey until they were all gone, then we stopped and tapped a keg and built bonfires and jumped over the bonfires, and cooked hot dogs and such. Then back to the bar to close out the night. And now here I am at work, still feelin’ a little wobbly, but oh man, I can’t wait for next year’s edition.

• at first I read, “then we STOMPED and tapped a POWDER keg and built bonfires and jumped” and thought, holy fuck josh

• Yeah, we’ll probably save that for the Christmas party.

• someone made the mistake/great decision to give me 6 drink tickets last night for pressing buttons on a laptop.

• Oh shit I just finished marking and i’m too tiredt to make dinner oh well here’s this wine here why not have one or four

• that’s the spirit

• oh my god i’m gonna describe so many things as “pretty aerosmith”

• K&L is slinging Bowmore Legend for $24. Guess what I’m doing right now.

• Antero said: K&L is slinging Bowmore Legend for $24. Guess what I’m doing right now.

I never pass up a Bowmore Legend for under $30.

• I got off work early unexpectedly and naturally headed for a nearby bar, the Baltic in Point Richmond. I got an ipa, and a hot tattooed waitress just hit on me hard. what to do, what to do.

maybe another beer will help.

• The place on my block was selling Highland Park 12yo for $35 this week. Is that absurd? It seemed absurd. I bought it. Will commence drinking it as soon as I get home.

• Same place was selling Ardmore Traditional Cask for under $30 a couple months ago. I like that place.

• Sharing a bottle of wine with your friends in a park at midnight is way more fun when you’re 29 than when you’re 16. This is possibly mainly just because of how incredibly awesome my friends are.

• davy said: The place on my block was selling Highland Park 12yo for $35 this week. Is that absurd? It seemed absurd. I bought it. Will commence drinking it as soon as I get home.

That’s a great goddamn price! Drink it!

• Am enjoying (?) a growler of Arbor Buzzsaw that I picked up at the employee price of 14 bux. This is delightful. Confused as to what to do with my time, as I feel a bit like a dick for clogging up every goddamn thread with my 3.40 am nonsense.

• HI GIYS I am kistening to David FosterWallce. This is not water, though, this is whiskey and wine. I have so many feelings.

• The other night I went with a friend to a bar that tends to get very slow on weeknights. By the time 11:30 hit, there was only one other patron in the bar, so the bartenders started playing TV theme songs because we’d been talking about them. It turned into a middle school jam session. One of the bartenders (my favorite bartender ever) filled a lowball glass up to the rim with very nice rum for me (there were a few ice cubes in there somewhere). I also had some juice and told her I’d pay for the three beers that my friend got. She charged me $8 altogether, so I tipped the hell out of her. Obviously not drunk right now, but that was the best time I’ve had at a bar in forever. I’m going to miss this town. I can’t imagine something like that will ever happen to me once I move to D.C.

• Hang out with Dave

• I’d love to (obviously)!

• Not yet 5:00 and I’m halfway through my second Manhattan, woooo

Thank god for Old Overholt rye is all I have to say. Hard to believe something this good can be had for $13.

Anyway. I’m also reading through the Depression thread and listening to Jason Lytle, so you know it’s all good times over here.

• Fuck I love a Manhattan, though.

• AnnetheMan said: HI GIYS I am kistening to David FosterWallce. This is not water, though, this is whiskey and wine. I have so many feelings.

I get to this point really frequently. The audio of selected essays from consider the lobster read by DFW is a completely astonishing listen. At first I worried that the discussion in Every Love Story Is A Ghost Story of the pretty indisputable fact that his essays were significantly fabricated facts-wise would diminish my enjoyment, but that was a misplaced anxiety. I now read him in the way I watch Werner Herzog - ecstatic truth is more important than literal truths, and neither of these guys have any real journalistic responsibility.

Also, I’m pretty close to drunk. Had a vodka with sparkling blueberry and pomegranate, then vodka, carrot juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Fantastic. I feel like a wizard.

• I invented a cocktail this weekend! It was Malort, Punt E Mes, ginger beer & a flamed orange twist. I thought it was pretty tasty though a couple of my friends found it kind of busy. Tough to find uses for Malort other than pranking people and taking pix of their Malort faces though.

• Haha, I was in Chicago for like half a day in October and a buddy of mine took me to the Owl and I’d never had Malort, so the bartender kept offering to buy me shots of it, and I was like, “Yeah, whatever, free booze.” Even though it tastes like a mixture of ball sweat and used mouthwash, I still accepted each shot he offered. I think it became a an experiment for him to find out how much of it I would be willing to continue tolerating for the sake of free booze.

• ElJosharino said: Haha, I was in Chicago for like half a day in October and a buddy of mine took me to the Owl and I’d never had Malort, so the bartender kept offering to buy me shots of it, and I was like, “Yeah, whatever, free booze.” Even though it tastes like a mixture of ball sweat and used mouthwash, I still accepted each shot he offered. I think it became a an experiment for him to find out how much of it I would be willing to continue tolerating for the sake of free booze.

That stuff is nuts. I don’t really mind the flavor - it’s like, grapefruit peel and turpentine, nah? - but the way it lingers on the tongue is sort of terrifying.

One of my Chicago friends keeps a bottle on hand. He sips it out of a demitasse, and definitely uses his ability to drink it without any visible reaction to score free drinks.

• The aftertaste really is the thing. I think it’s 4x as bad after 5 minutes. The first time I had it, later that evening when I brushed my teeth, the taste reactivated.

• I think I made a tiny fool out of myself at my downstairs neighbors bday party last night. I mean its their fault for having so many different kinds of booze. But anyway. I didn’t do anything WRONG. I might have been too loud though.

• Pfft. What’s the big deal? You gonna wake up the neighbors or something? Doubt it.

• Morgan said: The other night I went with a friend to a bar that tends to get very slow on weeknights. By the time 11:30 hit, there was only one other patron in the bar, so the bartenders started playing TV theme songs because we’d been talking about them. It turned into a middle school jam session. One of the bartenders (my favorite bartender ever) filled a lowball glass up to the rim with very nice rum for me (there were a few ice cubes in there somewhere). I also had some juice and told her I’d pay for the three beers that my friend got. She charged me $8 altogether, so I tipped the hell out of her. Obviously not drunk right now, but that was the best time I’ve had at a bar in forever. I’m going to miss this town. I can’t imagine something like that will ever happen to me once I move to D.C.

This is what happens when you go to Pharmacy Bar basically any night of the week except there are 8 people instead of 3 people and everyone seems really hostile but then you realize that they are just questioning why you’re in their bar when there are any number of other suitable options for you a stranger. If you are friendly, you will have dozens of new friends w/in weeks.

I’ve almost thrown up like 4 times this morning from going there last night.

• I was just telling someone about Pharmacy Bar this past week—got delightfully trashed when I went there on your rec, with that friend of mine whom you met in NYC actually, and had a great time.