T·N·M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID
Just checking nobody wants to re-home these records…
  • …before I send them to a charity shop which probably won’t appreciate them. I know it’s a long shot as there aren’t many people here, much less UK residents, but if you want to pay for postage or even just send me something interesting in return then I’ll post ‘em to you wherever you are.

Liars - Sisterworld (2LP + 2CD incl. remixes)

Elizabeth Anka Vajagic - Nostalgia/Pain (LP in nice purple/gold foil sleeve)

Four Tet - Kool FM (12” white label)

Bonnie Prince Billy - Cursed Sleep (12”)

The Remote Viewer - Let Your Heart Draw a Line (LP)

I may be back with more, and maybe also CDs and DVDs at some point, if I get another free morning to work through them.

• …and here is a list of 7”s also currently seeking new employment:

iLIKETRAiNS - Before the curtains close (7” with iLIKETRAiNS railcard wallet thing)

Hope of the States - The Red, The White, The Black, The Blue (7” with nice cover)

The Earlies - Morning Wonder (7” picture disc)

The Witnesses - I Should Not Have to Ask (7” which cost a lot of money for no discernible reason)

22-20s - Why Don’t You Do It For Me? (7”)

Secret Machines - Nowhere Again (7”)

Television Personalities - All The Young Children On Crack (7”)

Simple Kid - Truck On (7” translucent blue vinyl)

Morrisey - Irish Blood, English Heart (7”)

James Blunt - You’re Beautiful (7”)

Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights (7” signed by both band members - at least I assume that’s who signed it)

• I’m afraid I can’t help, but I am curious why you’ve chosen those from what I am guessing is a large collection ~ are they doubles with your partner?

• Haha, it’s just that when we bought a house we chose a very small house, and so we agreed on a strict “one in, one out” policy on non-essential items and I’ve not actually been getting rid of any vinyl. These are the ones I’ve listened through and confirmed I can live without (I have some more to work through but, after slogging through some of those 7”s, R has now requested I do it when she’s absent…)

The list of things I’ve considered ditching but decided I actually really like (after revisiting them) has been quite interesting - generally I appear to have bought most of the records I don’t like between the ages of about 20 to 25! I thought I’d be able to throw out a bunch of teenage purchases but it hasn’t turned out that way.

Anyway, apparently there’s a record shop nearby looking for stock after our recent spate of flooding so I’ll maybe just see if they want them. Ebay/amazon seems a bit much effort for what would probably be pennies of profit after the postage costs.

We’re still not sure what to do about doubles - we’ve lived together almost ten years and still haven’t merged cd collections. And there are two copies of pretty much every terry pratchett novel.

• Right. We never had that problem, of course. In fact, I inherited access to an amazing collection of 80s Korean pop albums.

My collection is digital now though, and I did do the ebay thing. The postage should be paid by the buyer, but you’re right, it’s a lot of effort. I had a year or so of spending 30-40 minutes a night cutting up cardboard boxes, cleaning records and and packing orders. Quite exciting sometimes though, watching the odd Tindersticks 10 inch unexpectedly spark a bidding war. I made about £1000 or so in a year then lost momentum. The rest are boxed up in the garage. A grisly end for a once loved collection.

• See now instead of continuing to audit my own collection I’m daydreaming about stealing the remnants of yours! Thanks a bunch!

I don’t have huge collections of vinyl or CD any more because I did do one decent clear out when we moved into the tiny house - they all just went to a charity shop though and then I later regretted giving them a bunch of stuff that is probably still sitting in the back or something. Maybe they do the ebay thing themselves though, when confronted with a selection of Jandek CDs and early-2000s garage rock singles.