T·N·M

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Tagged

Watching us watching you watching us watching you
  • Wow near your house is rad. When is your baby coming?

• Yes, great photos alistair! I love the illuminated stone step!

• very nice. Looks quite rural. A land for wandering Bronte characters

• Lovely pics! Don’t stop with them as well as the baby ones.

• Baby due in almost exactly a month! Not quite ready yet but nothing we couldn’t sort in an emergency if necessary. Got the nappies, the car seat and the time off work, which I think are the main essential items…

• Awesome! you’ll never feel ready. Parenting is always a “by the seat of your pants” kind of thing. Sounds like you’ve got it covered well enough.

• Good luck alistair!

• Guys I have a daughter

• hooray! nice one alistair, congratulations!

• YYEESSSSS!!

• Awesome news, Alistair - congratulations!

• Also apologies, I didn’t realise when posting on my phone that I had captured quite so much of myself in the frame!

I’m so excited. She weights just over 5lbs so we are keeping her close to our skin when possible to keep her warm. We didn’t get the home birth R wanted because she was so small, but it all worked out fine. R is in overnight with her for monitoring but it seems like she is getting everything she needs from breastfeeding so far, and I am home for the night on my own and going back in the morning.

Given the audience, I should note that R’s early stages of labour were eased along by the soothing sounds of Beirut’s second album, Jens Lekman’s EP collection and the best of Wham. Thanks Nick for your advice earlier about being careful you don’t end up associating particular music with the memory of your child’s birth, but I’ve had the Wham Rap stuck in my head for the past 20 hours or so and it doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere soon.

No matter what I write here, it doesn’t seem like enough.

• alistair said: Given the audience, I should note that R’s early stages of labour were eased along by the soothing sounds of Beirut’s second album, Jens Lekman’s EP collection and the best of Wham. Thanks Nick for your advice earlier about being careful you don’t end up associating particular music with the memory of your child’s birth, but I’ve had the Wham Rap stuck in my head for the past 20 hours or so and it doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere soon.

Brilliant! Yes, there’s no getting away from it, Ellie was Bright Eyes’ Let’s Not Shit Ourselves and Grace was Danileson’s Did I Step On Your Trumpet. The second one is quite good actually, quite joyous.

Excited for you Alistair - she’s beautiful!

• Woah, congratulations Alistair!

• Gorgeous! Yay all of you!! I like that there’s lots of you in your pic. It’s not all about the baby. :-)

I didn’t have any music for either of my labours. I’m susceptible to earworms, so I didn’t want to jinx my favourite musics…

• Awesome! Good on you guys!

• Hooray for babies!

• Oh man I only just saw this! Congratulations on a beautiful daughter, Alistair.